Monday, January 16, 2017

Planning a New Year

Each new year gives us a fresh opportunity to start something new or go in new directions. This year, my plan will include sharing my quilting journey with the world. If fabric, thread, bright colors and creative projects make me happy, I should share it with others. I have lots of unfinished projects that I want to complete and hopefully the commitment to posting projects will keep me committed to completing them.

I have lots of upcoming ventures to share with everyone. First of all, I just recently joined my local quilt guild, Quilt Guild of Plano. I will be attending my first membership meeting this week which I will share. I'm excited to meet some new quilty friends to share my passion with. We have small groups that will meet monthly so I can build some relationships with other quilt enthusiasts. I also got in on attending the annual quilt guild retreat in February. Attendance has been full all year, but there was a cancellation which I am taking advantage of. Yippee! I'll be sure to post about the retreat and share my fun with you.

Currently, I have a small project in the works for one of my super good friends and sorority sister, Amy! She's been such a great friend through some tough times for me and I want to make something special to let her know how much she means to me. Amy's a huge Disney fan so I'm making her an adorable Disney goodie! I hope she likes it. I bought this collection of fat quarters a while back in hopes of making something fun for her, but it took me forever to decide what to make. I finally settled on making a pillow with a fun fringy binding. I was inspired by the fringe trim I found at my local quilt shop which they featured on a fun pillow. Alas, my "aha" moment occurred!

My husband bought me an Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter and dies for our anniversary and I hadn't used it yet. So, I had to break that thing in and see what I could do with it. I selected my hexagon and matching equilateral triangle dies for this project. Hexagons are very trendy right now and featured in all my inspirational project magazines and books so I was dying to give it a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment